Wednesday 27 May 2015

Criminal Profiling: Fictional and Non-Original Fiction..........

There are quite a few people I’ve had the displeasure of meeting in my life: people who lack empathy and integrity – nasty, selfish beings who, quite frankly, deserve to be dead.

Someone else might have killed these creatures a long time ago, but not me. Luckily for them, something stops me from doing this deadly deed. I’ll curse and I’ll plot revenge, but I stop at murder. Why? It’s because I’m made of something different. I’m not predisposed to extreme violence. I don’t have murder’s genetics. I didn’t have a disruptive childhood that ignited some deadly genetic make-up. I’ve never received a head injury that caused specific brain damage, which in theory might have led to a change in personality. I don’t have low levels of serotonin or high levels of testosterone.

Those of you who have done the dirty on me should be grateful that I don’t possess murderer’s attributes. However, be warned! I am a cool, calm, calculated crime writer who takes her time plotting comeuppance.

I’m fascinated by forensics and profiling. I enjoy building suspense and creating atmosphere. Without drive, passion and ‘weird twats’ in my life, I wouldn’t feel quite so compelled to write – especially in first person! Without you, I’d have given up writing a long time ago and I’d have run out of ideas. I do feel sorry for those sad cases who steal work from aspiring authors. You are not ‘real’ writers, but great big imposters?  It’s about time you considered another day job.....

No comments:

Post a Comment